Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, April 03, 2006

Sick Baby and Summer Knitting


Poor Joie is sick- she woke up yesterday with a fever, and has been feverish and whimpering occasionally ever since. Sick babies are not fun, folks! It is hard to get much of anything done, because she needs a lot of extra TLC. Hopefully soon though she'll sleep and I can do the dishes and maybe even some knitting. I wish there was more I could do for her.

I got a good chunk of the back of the dress done last night. So far it has been pretty easy! This is the first garment I have ever knitted, and so far I am pretty happy with how it is coming along! I am slightly terrified of the finishing and blocking, but I'm sure that I will be okay. This picture is of my little knitting spot on the couch-click here for the annotated (and more fun!) view.


I am rather frustrated with Wheelie at this moment. I have started it over 3 times because I keep missing stitches in places, and it is really difficlut to figure out where. I haven't gotten more then 4 rows into it yet, and currently it is no more than a thought in my head, because the last time I ripped it back I got pissed at it and decided to work more on the wrap dress instead. I haven't picked it up again yet, but no fear, I will tonight. I think this is a project to do when I can concentrate on it more, not while simultainously playing chess, watching Desperate Housewives, and rocking the baby. Meh.


James and I played some chess last night. I enjoy chess, but I don't play much with James because he always kicks my ass and I get frustrated when I can tell I am going to lose. However, last night I did manage to get him to forfeit, and that's the closest to beating him I have ever gotten. One point for me!

Hey folks! Leave me some comments! I just want to make sure they work and that people can find thi and are reading it and all. Well, at least looking at the pretty pictures.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Sick Baby and Summer Knitting"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Hey, is wheelie the round baby blankie? If so, check out www.whipup.net; one of their articles today is about the pinwheel blanket--it might have some good tips for you!

 

Blogger Nichole D. said ... (7:04 PM) : 

Wheelie is a Knitty steering wheel cover pattern- you can check it out in my "on the needles" links.

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:36 PM) : 

Poor Joie! I hope she is feeling better soon.

And three cheers for craftiness!!!

<3

 

Blogger Cari said ... (9:48 PM) : 

Hey, looking forward to meeting you when you come to SNB!