Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, July 02, 2007

One Down

I finished my SP10 scarf this weekend, and now it is all clean and wrapped and shipped off to my secret pal. It was really a great knit- I used the Single Cable Scarf pattern from One Skein. I modified it just slightly, using a size smaller needles because of the yarn I used, and adapting the cable to be reversible. I hate the way the back of cables look, and scarves should be pretty on both sides! I really like the way it came out. The yarn I used was Araucania Nature Wool worsted. The color variations are subtle and so pretty. The yarn is woolly, but still soft and not scratchy against the skin. Definitely a yarn I would use for something for me! Here is a picture of it in progress, with just an inch or so to go:


SP10 Scarf

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of it totally finished, but oh well. You get the idea! So, one project knocked off my WIP list. The Skull Illusion Scarf for the Hubbster is going to be frogged, because it's curling at the sides, and acrylic doesn't block. I'm going to upgrade the yarn from Caron Simply Soft to some nice wool. Hopefully I can finish by Christmas for him! Time to go make some progress on my other poor, neglected knits.

Labels: ,

Comments on "One Down"