Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

C is For...

There are quite a lot of C's in my life- I think the main one would be create. I am constantly creating things-most often, or course, in my knitting, but in other things as well. I've dabbled in jewelry ( an exciting project in the works there- more on that next time!), clay, drawing, writing. I love to create, and love to get to the roots of things, like felting wool by hand, or writing with a good old pen and paper. I'd love to learn how to draft and spin my own wool, as well.

C is also for clapotis. You have all seen this work in progress, and it has actually been finished for some time, now. I absolutely love it! I cozy up with it all that time, take it out when it's chilly. It is so excellent in wool. I'm definitely going to use this pattern again, maybe for another in a wool blend, or a summery one in cotton or silk, or a scarf-sized one. It's awesome! Oh, and it is huge. Awesomely huge. Pictures:

Clapotis Complete

Clapotis Complete 2

C is also for curls. My hair is stick straight, but The Monsterette has a head full of golden curls. I think they are so precious! Well, except when I need to comb it Then it's a nightmare. today, though, they are fresh and bouncy and adorable:

Curls 2

Curls

You can not even imagine how ridiculously hard it is to take a picture of the back of her head- she is so obsessed with getting her picture taken and staring into the camera. I love these pictures, though- so cute!

See ya tomorrow!

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "C is For..."