Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Friday, July 13, 2007

Swirling Wine

Tuesday, at S n' B, I cast on for a diagonal knot stitch scarf (pattern over on the top left) with the beautiful Malabrigo my SP sent to me. I figured, "Hey, it's time for a new scarf. Hmmm, this yarn is red...it fits into this month's Project Spectrum colors...sounds good!" Ever since I knit this scarf for my sister-in-law last Christmas, I've been wanting to make one for myself. The Malabrigo in my stash just wasn't totally suited for this scarf, but this beautiful burgundy was perfect! Anyways, I loved knitting it, and I finished the scarf last night. If only it wasn't 100 degrees outside...

Diagonal Knot Stitch Scarf 2

The colors of this are stunning. The best comparison I could think of was red wine being swirled in a glass (hence, my title). Here's a close-up of the stitch pattern:


Scarf Close-Up

The colors in that one aren't accurate, but in the first one, they're almost perfect. Of course, it's nowhere near as pretty in pictures as it is in person. I love it- it's soooo cozy. I wanted to sleep with it last night. Alright-before I start to preach the glories of Malabrigo again- I'll be signing off!(if you really want proof of my obsession, just do a blog search of "malabrigo" up in the nav bar.)

Labels:

Comments on "Swirling Wine"