Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another Scarf

I finished this scarf the other day, and it is great! So cozy and cuddly and soft:

Green Scarf 3

It is exactly one skein of Lion Brand Homespun, one of the very few 100% acrylic yarns I not only tolerate, but really like. Some people think it's a pain to knit with, but I love it. This particular scarf was knit on size 11 US needles in a simple 1x1 ribbing. It's quite long, great for multi-wraps:

Green Scarf 2

I love the fringe also, although if I do fringe with Homespun, I have a method. I hate how quickly the stuff frays, and I get horrid images of yarn dreadlocks at the end of my scarf. To prevent this, I knot all the ends really tightly, and then trim close to the knot (and below it, obviously). It's held up really well in one of my other Homespun scarves, and even if it did come out, you could always re-tie the knot and trim it up. Anyways, a great scarf, another for my arsenal! (Yes, my scarf collection is an arsenal. Maybe someday I'll explain why. Maybe not.)

Labels:

Comments on "Another Scarf"