Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Study in Stripes

Saturday we were out of town, and silly me, I forgot my knitting! A quick trip to Micheal's remedied that, though- I picked up a needed size of bamboo needles and a few balls of Paton's SWS in natural geranium. ( I was very temped by the natural denim colorway, but I'm trying to stick with Project spectrum color rules here.) I used the curvy short row scarf pattern from one of those scarf books- I'm not really remembering which one. (ETA: The scarf pattern came from the book Scarves: A Knitter's Dozen.) Anyways, the SWS was wonderful- the long color repeats worked really well with the pattern, and the yarn is soft and snuggly. (also ETA: I can not stand this yarn knit up against my skin. Too itchy!)Not to mention, this scarf was super easy to do! I finished it today, so about 6 days. The majority of it was done today and yesterday, since I'm stuck home with The Monsterette (she has a rash, so no more daycare this week). I'll quit blabbing now and leave you with pictures!


Wavy Scarf Two


Wavy Scarf

Labels:

Comments on "A Study in Stripes"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

That is so cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

That looks so cool!

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (10:03 PM) : 

Oooooh! Pretty. I like that a lot. It turned out very well. Yay knitting Yoda!

 

Blogger sara said ... (4:19 AM) : 

So pretty! I have to find me some SWS...and that scarf pattern!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 AM) : 

That's purdy and I have been hearing a lot about that yarn. I MUST GET SOME. :)