Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Miscellany

Just a few blurbs, I guess. I finished reading Little Children by Tom Perotta over a month ago- I really have to stay on that! It was a decent book, more brain candy than anything. After that, I read The Time Traveler's Wife- absolutely wonderful. The story is a fresh new idea, the characters are people you want to love or hate. You feel everything that happens, and although it can be heartbreaking, you don't want to put it down. A really awesome read I would recommend to everyone.

After that book, I listened to the audio book of The Thirteenth Tale. The dual stories of the book are so much fun, and it really drew me in. I listened to it while I knit, and I found myself more than once, knitting stagnant in my lap, just listening to the story. There was a mix of everything in the story, comedy and tragedy. It is another book I would highly recommend.

I finished the Big Red Wrap, and I love how it turned out. I did my own version of scribble lace, alternating four rows of the thick (Lion Brand Homespun) and two rows of crochet cotton. The thing is gigantic, and warm, and cozy. I'd love to do another one sometime, but probably not for a while- kind of a boring knit in plain garter stitch. Looks awesome, though, see:

Big Red Thing

Not really knowing what I wanted to start next, I picked some orange Microspun out of my stash and decided I needed to use it. I know it wanted to become a scarf or wrap, but it was hard to find something to knit. The stuff knits up like cotton, but since it's acrylic, won't really block. I went through a few patterns and stitches, and settled on feather and fan. I think so far it looks pretty good:

Feather and Fan Scarf

I have made no progress on my second sock- I had to rip it all out and start over. I've made a rule, though- no new projects until sock number two is on the needles. I think next time, I'll definitely be doing them both at once. Yep.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Miscellany"

 

Blogger Lick My Sticks said ... (11:26 AM) : 

YES! I loved The Time Traveler's Wife, I recommend it to everyone. I have The Thirteenth Tale on the shelf in waiting now.

And BEAUTIFIUL knits! I love the red color.

 

Blogger KnitPastis said ... (7:07 AM) : 

Finally, I get to see how this "Feather and Fan" looks. I love it! This color is awesome too.

I tried to do this stitch and messed it up. I will try to attempt it another time. It's so pretty!

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (7:25 AM) : 

You didn't turn the heel twice on that sock did you?

;)