Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fetching

I finished my pair of Fetching last night! Man, do I love this pattern. It is so easy and quick to knit, and a great introduction to cables. Plus, I already wear them bunches, and know I'll wear them for the rest of the winter. Love. If you haven't already, go knit some. I am so happy to finally have a pair of my own after making two pairs for Christmas gifts. I knit them in about 9 days on size 6 baleen needles (my favorite dpns- I got them at Hobby Lobby and they actually come in sets of 5). The yarn I used was Cascade 220 in color #4192, which is a great pale pink color. Plus, I have enough left in the skein for one of these. Yaay!

Fetching

The yarn was basically a gift from my mom- she got me a gift certificate for Christmas to a cool little yarn store in Minnesota. I also picked up two balls of this great stuff:


Cascade Etoile Mohair

It's Cascade Bollicine Etoile. It is destined to become a scarf to match the pink set, and I really want to try lace. I'm just so not pleased with the lace patterns out there, and realized last night designing lace is a bit ambitious for me. I suppose more scouring of the internet and my various stitch books is in order, unless you have any ideas for cool lace that isn't too punk (skull lace) or too old lady-ish (feather and fan)?

So there you have it- my very first finished object of 2007!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Fetching"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (11:44 AM) : 

PURDY!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

I don't really like pink but the gloves and yarn are gorgeous! I'd say get the Victoran Lace Today book, I love it!

 

Blogger Mom IsAmagpie said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Those look great. I've never been drawn to that pattern before. I guess now I may have to add it to the to do list.

 

Blogger Clare K. R. Miller said ... (6:58 AM) : 

What is with the pink Fetching?! It seems like I made pink Fetching and now every time I see a pair of Fetching they're pink... :-P

I wonder with the same will happen with the blue and green pairs that I'm planning to make as gifts.

-knitthenight