Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finished Knits

I have a ton of finished stuff to show you guys! I've been cranking on the Christmas knitting, and a few things for myself, as well. No effin' around, let's get right to the pictures.

First thing, here's the new scarf I mentioned in this post:

Malabrigo Seed Stitch Scarf

Malabrigo Seed Stitch Scarf 2

I used one skein of Malabrigo in the Little Lovely colorway. The scarf is done in seed stitch, which while fiddly, I love! This scarf rocks my face off. It was a quick, fun knit, and I love the texture and how it plays with the yarn. YUM!

Next up, the Braided Cable Gauntlets I've been working on for ages. I finished them over the Thanksgiving holiday, and I think one is floating around the car somewheres...

Cabled Gauntlets

Braided Cable Detail

They're really cute, no? Warm and toasty, too. my only complaint is the they're not long enough in the fingers area. I may make these again someday, and I'll fix that. The braided cable is deceptively easy- It looks so complicated, but really isn't any harder than a normal 3x3 cable. Some of you have no idea what that means, and that's okay. I still love you.

Next up, some Christmas gifties. I made a slightly adapted pair of Fetching gloves for my sister-in-law:

Fetching

I really love the color- you can't really tell from my crappy picture, but they're a gorgeous heathered light blue-grey color. I made them longer in the wrist and in the fingers for extra coverage, because that was my one complaint with my pair.

Next on the list, I decided to venture into felting my knits, and made some stylin' hot pads for my aunt-in-law, who is really more like my mother-in-law, bless her heart. I decided to hand felt, because I wanted more control over the felting, and besides, I'm still really scared to throw wool into a washing machine. Anyways, the first I knit on 2 needles, then seamed up and felted:

Felted Trivet 2

The second, which I love, I just knit a big rectangle, felted it, and then decided to try my hand at some needle felting:

Felted Hot Pad

Here's a close-up of the corners:

Corner Detail 1

Corner Detail 2

I really had a blast with the needle felting- I can see it easily becoming my new addiction. It's really cool to see what you can do with it. I'm pretty stoked at how my very first project came out, too. I also have almost three of four of my Christmas hats done, too. Maybe I can squeeze in a few more knitted gifts this year. Or I could gouge out my eyes with knitting needles. We'll just have to wait and see...

Labels: ,

Comments on "Finished Knits"