Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

All Things Purple

Alrighty! I have been a bit of slacker for this whole Project Spectrum thing, but not this month! The color this month is purple, and frankly, I'm on a roll! Let's start, not with knits, but with my purchase this weekend:


New Dice

That's right, folks. Dice. And not just your basic ol' six-sider, either. Why the hell would I buy dice, you ask? I asked myself the same thing. Actually, it for very nerdy reasons I have purchased not one, but TWO, sets of dice. A few months ago I decided to start "gaming" with James and our friends, mostly not wanting to be left out and desperately craving social interactions. Now, this is like the sit-around-and-make-stuff-up gaming, not like board games. Although we do that occasionally too. This is more the Dungeons and Dragons, nerdy style gaming. Although we played something much cooler. My character died bacause she was mauled by a zombie werewolf. That is cool. Okay, okay. Maybe not.By purchasing my first dice, I may have become a little more nerdy. I realize this. I did manage to pick the prettiest, girliest dice in the store, though. And they are purple. To offset the nerdiness with even more girliness, I decided I was going to knit the frilliest, girliest, cutest dice bag ever seen. Voila!


Dice Bag

My dice bag.I used Caron Simply Soft in a nice shade of lavender. To match my dice, of course! I knit it on size 6 needles in stockinette stitch. On the bottom I did two single rows of garter stitch about 4 rows apart to add a little pizzaz. On the top is an eyelet row without the decreases (to add to frilliness) and I ended with a picot-edge bind off. I used a plain white ribbon to tie it off, and there you have it! The frilliest, girliest dice bag ever known to man! Here is a better picture of the top.


Dice Bag Open

The finished bag is 4 inches across and about 5 1/2 inches high. For those of you so inclined to make little bags, I can esily type up the pattern. It is easily customized to make the size of bag you would like, too! I think off the basic pattern, one could have a lot of fun with adding little details, using different colors, et cetera. Let me know if you want the pattern and I'll email it to you.

In more purple news, here is a picture of the Short Row Ribbed Scarf I'm working on at the moment. I really like the pattern- it is so simple, but makes for a really interesting scarf. I'll definitely be making more of these!


Short Row Scarf

So there you have it, folks. All kinds of purple-y goodness. Enjoy!!

Labels: ,

Comments on "All Things Purple"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Ah,embrace your nerdiness. You do it with such flair! Now I need some girly dice! And a girly dice bag...heh heh!

 

Blogger Yeah So said ... (12:00 PM) : 

I would love the pattern! It would make a great jewelry bag for those of us not so nerdily inclined! ha ha.

 

Blogger Gina said ... (1:13 PM) : 

lovely dice!!! Hello fellow nerd!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

I'll game with you guys when I visit NM. Glad to see your getting into gaming. Your husband is a first rate dungeon master. Take care, Kelly

 

Blogger Clare K. R. Miller said ... (6:53 AM) : 

I SEWED my frilly girly dice bag ;)

-knitthenight