Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sandy Beaches

When thinking of making my new hat, I pulled some inspiration from Project Spectrum: Elements. I knew I wanted a summery hat, something to wear when it scorching hot. I also wanted it to be loose fitting, so I can stay cool, but tight enough that I can tuck all my hair up into it when it starts to drive me nuts. I came up with a mesh of two hats, which I'm going to call my Sandy Beaches Hat- a little rasta, and perfect for summer:

Sandy Hat 1

Sandy Hat 3

Sandy Hat 2

I totally love this hat! Some stats for the knittahs out there:

The pattern for everything but the brim is the Topi hat. The brim is from the Cabled Newsboy Hat in Stitch n' Bitch Nation. I love the brim, it was exactly what I was looking for! I used Lamb's Pride Cotton Fleece, just over half a skein, in the "Antique Lace" colorway. May I just add that this yarn is awesome? I love the way it knits up, I love to softness and sheen, and I absolutely love the drape. I'll definitely be using more of this! (I'd like to see how it handles cables, though, being mostly cotton- any of you guys out there have any experience with that?)

All in all, a great knit, and I know I'll get a ton of use out of it this summer. What are your plans for summer knits?

Labels: ,

Comments on "Sandy Beaches"