Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, February 24, 2008

What's Knitting

Alright, some WIP's! I'm going to try to do this once a week. Not sure if it'll always be on Sundays, though. First off, the scarf I'm making for The Knitter Project:

Cloudy Day Scarf- Closeup

You can read my blog post that talks about this more here. I'm almost done with this, just a little bit more, then I'm going to add fringe. Then it'll be shipped off for the show, and hopefully I'll have it back before it's gets cold again!

I also finished my Waves in the Sky scarf:


Waves in the Sky Scarf- Finished 2

I, uh, guess I never blogged about this one, besides mentioning the yarn and my plan for it. But it's done! It's very sqooshy and dense, and promises to be nice and cozy! It reminds me of the sky here in New Mexico, with a few fluffy white clouds on a bright blue background. I like it!

The new Fetching gloves haven't moved and inch since I finished all but the thumb on the first. I'm still very mad at the yarn.

I never told you about this scarf, either:

Malabrigo Scribbles

I started this one for the Malabrigo Cast-On Week on Ravelry back in November. It's a basic scribble lace scarf with Malabrigo and some random bamboo stuff I got at the LYS. I haven't worked on this in months! I like it so far, though.

Last but definitely not least, my Major Knitting Undertaking that I was guilted into:

Desiree's Wedding Shawl

The story: I had decided a few weeks ago to knit my sister-in-law a wedding shawl as a bridal shower gift. The shower is in mid-March, and I decided that I didn't want to take on such a big project, with such a short deadline. Not decided, of course, before telling my mother-in-law about it. Yesterday, she asked how the knitting on it was coming, and I just blurted out, "pretty good...". She's very excited about it, apparently. After I got off the phone, I told the Hubbster I had to go to the yarn store, and came back with six balls of a sport-weight, winter white, superwash wool. (I decided on superwash because it's just cruel to give someone something white that they have to hand wash.) I'm using the Convertible pattern from Knitty, and it's actually not too bad. It's going quickly, and it's pretty enjoyable knitting. Hopefully I'll have it done in time, although at this rate, I should have no problem. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and send some good knitting vibes!

Oh, and that cute little stitch marker you can see up there in the last picture was part of a wonderful little set from Sarah. I thought they looked so great with this project, and they're the perfect size, too! Thanks, Sarah!

Labels:

Comments on "What's Knitting"