Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, June 16, 2008

What's Knitting (And Crocheting!)

Contrary to the recent activity on this blog, it is still about the crafting! I have been knitting, but not as much, since I have this huge sewing project going on. (FYI: I don't think I'm going to do a separate dress diary, but just put posts for it in their own category, and make you guys deal with it.) Conducive to my summer knitting goals, I've been working on some projects that have been sitting waaay too long. First off was finishing this amigurumi:

Lavender Octo 01

Lavender Octo 02

I've had the bits and bobs for this one all done for a while, just needed to finish stuffing and sewing her together. Cute, huh? I originally had planned to send her off to someone, but Monsterette took an instant liking to her, and has claimed her as her own. (No kidding, I had to wait until she was asleep and sneak it out of the bed to take pictures.) The yarn is Caron Simply Soft in lavender. I suppose if you really want the pattern info and are too lazy to go look at my Ravelry projects page for it (or don't have Ravelry), I'll give it to you.

Next up is one of three or four preemie hats I crocheted, all which just needed the ends woven in:

Preemie Hat


They're all identical, so I only took pictures of one. Kind of cute, though! And they're itty bitty! It's hard to imagine there are wee little babies born with heads that small. I should've put a quarter or something in the picture for reference, but I didn't. You'll just have to imagine. They do fit inside the palm of my hand, though.

Last, but definitely not least, is my new favorite project. I'm stunned by it every time I pick it up, and I know it's going to be gorgeous when all is said and done:

Celtic Cables Neckwarmer 01- Progress

This is the Celtic Cable Neckwarmer pattern, and it ROCKS. The little cables are actually kind of fun, and I love how it is turning out. I actually started this the first time at one of my Tuesday night Stitch n' Bitch meetings, but had to rip it out, due to cable-reversing wonkiness. (Ah, what we lefty knitters have to do to make cables look right!) At any rate, it's a nice, challenging knit that I'm enjoying. Now, because I can, a few close-ups to say goodbye:

Celtic Cable neckwarmer 02- close-up

Celtic Cable Neckwarmer 03- close-up angle

Labels: , ,

Comments on "What's Knitting (And Crocheting!)"