Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, March 12, 2007

Carrots and Chocolate

Sounds like an odd combination, right? I thought so too. No, I'm not pregnant. I'm knitting! Well, will be soon. Carrot and chocolate are the colors I picked for this scarf. Sounds yummy now, right? I'll most likely start on this one in August or September, since both colors fit nicely in the triad for Project Spectrum 2.0 for those months. It wasn't planned that way, either- just two colors I love together! As promised, here is some yarn p*rn!


KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in colors "carrot" and "chocolate"

The yarn is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes (mmm...soft wool...). I picked up two balls of each, plus an extra in the chocolate color to make a matching pair of Fetching. Man, I love those fingerless gloves.

In further yarn acquisitions, here is some absolutely stunning (as always) Malabrigo that I got from Destash. They didn't come with ball bands, but some browsing of their website leads me to believe that the pink one is "little lovely" (almost positive on that) and the red with purple is (possibly) "amoroso". Don't you think so, too? anyways, love love love. both are destined to become beautiful scarves, as usual.


New Malabrigo

Wait, there's more! I picked these balls (two of each color) in a moment of weakness at Micheal's a week or two ago. I love both colors, and once again, both are destined to become cool scarves. I'm thinking something with cables. If you're curious, it's Patons Classic Wool in "Rosewood" (right) and "Regency" (left).



Patons Classic Wool in colors "Regency" and "Rosewood"

Yes, there's still more. This is one lonely skein of KnitPicks Andean Silk (drool) in "lettuce", I believe. I'm not sure what it is going to become- possibly some gloves. I may even stray from the beloved Fetching pattern. Gasp!

KnitPicks Andean Silk- color "grass"

Last, but definitely not least, is a Finished Object! This should almost count as two projects because it is so freakin' huge, but whatever. I present to you James' Malabrigo Scarf!

James' Malabrigo Scarf

A really easy knit, nonetheless. It's two balls of Malabrigo in "stone blue", knit in a basic horizontal 2x2 rib. It's really, really long, but he loves it. I love it. if he didn't like it so much, I would have stolen it from him already. Makes me think I should start buying 2 skeins of Malabrigo per scarf. Although, his was a lot wider than I like mine (to maintain manliness, ya know) . anyways, it's done, and I'm not really sure what to knit next. I think I may actually do some crochet-there is a few weeks left for blue in Project Spectrum, and I have some bulky Wool of the Andes that I purchased to make the crochet cravat (with lots of extra repeats) from the One Skein book. I guess we'll see...

Labels: ,

Comments on "Carrots and Chocolate"

 

Blogger Adam said ... (5:27 PM) : 

I love all the yarns, especially the carrot/chocolate combo. And the Malabrigo scarf is so awesome, I can almost feel it squish through the computer monitor! :)

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Well, I didn't get a call from James to validate..em... your...er...statement from the other night so I suppose all this (beautiful) yarn is kosher?

It's amazing how, even though I haven't even finished my first scarf yet, I can spot nice, pudry yarn- even online! That's cool. heh.

 

Blogger Nic said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Which is going to be the dominant the choc or the carrot? THey are cute together.