Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Finally!

Yes, I finally finished the ruffle scarf. Actually, it didn't take that long. The long stretches of nothing but knit stitches can make it seem like forever, though. I am glad it is done, especially because now, I can wear it! It's a bit shorter than my usual scarves, but I think the bulk of it makes up for that, since I only really need to wrap it once. Plus, it'll look great underneath my coat. Since, for whatever reason, it always seems to be cloudy here in Albuquerque every time I want to take pictures of a finished object, I decided to do an inside shoot with Joie as my model. She's been carrying around the scarf for about 15 minutes now- I think she's happy it's done, too!

Joie and Ruffle Scarf

I still have a ton of this yarn left, too. I want to make a pair of Mrs. Beetons, but I know even after that, there's going to be a ton. I'm sure I'll think of something to do with it. I know that I said I would give you the pattern, but that's going to have to wait a little bit, because I would like to get all my patterns into pdf form and put them in the sidebar. If you really can't live without it for a week or so, email me at tbtyger AT yahoo DOT com. Lots more projects that I have planned to do, but that's a whole different blog post- stay tuned!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Finally!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

What a great scarf! I love your model :)

 

Blogger Ann said ... (8:11 PM) : 

That photo is WONDERFUL. It made me grin just seeing it. Nice scarf!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 AM) : 

It's a great photo, she looks so happy with the scarf, which is pretty awesome too.

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:18 AM) : 

Wow! You rocked that scarf out fast! When I saw it on Saturday it was what? half done? Good Job!Purdy.

Joie make a great model! How cute.

 

Blogger Mama Grouch said ... (7:12 AM) : 

Oooo! I want Mrs. Beeton's and a ruffly scarf - those are definitely going on my todo list! Not to mention a model that cute...