Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Ways the World has Changed Since I was in School

1. The dress. Is it just me, or are the prostitots all the rage now? The girls seem to dress more and more provocative.
2. Piercings. When I got my tongue pierced in tenth grade, it was still very punk, as were a lot of the other less common piercings.
3. Text messaging. Most of the kids in school with me did have cell phones, but this whole texting craziness has gotten INSANE.
4. Blogging.
5. The "green" movement.
6. All the crazy flight restrictions, like the liquids thing (9/11 happened in my senior year).
7. Technology- flat screen HD TVs, digital cameras, blu-ray, all the good stuff.
8. Politics. Isn't it kind of crazy to think that we'll either have a black man or a female as the Democratic presidential candidate?
9. Gas prices. Holy shit is about all I can say about that.
10. Really, the biggest way the world has changed since school is that now I look at it through a mother's eyes.

See you tomorrow!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Ten on Tuesday"