Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Life is back to normal.

First off, I am glad to say Joie is all better- her fever broke yesterday and she stopped being so crabby- yaay! Have I mentioned that having a sick baby sucks? Anyways.

I'm making good progress on the wrap dress. The pattern is pretty easy, and right now I'm just working rows of stockinette to get the back part the length it needs to be. I still haven't attempted wheelie again. Maybe once I get this back piece done. I picked up a kit to teach myself to crochet, because I like the way crochet looks and there are a few patterns I have found around the internet that I would love to do, that are in crochet. I'm really excited to do it, but I promised myself that I wouldn't open it until I finished one of the projects I have going now. I have a dish rag on the needles (I love knitting dish rags!) that is almost done, so I figure once I finish that, I can bust open the crochet kit! Hopefully I can figure it out- I've tried to figure out the crochet thing before, with no luck. This kit thingy is how I learned to knit, though, so hopefully it'll be helpful. It's hard for me to learn from someone who already does it, seeing as I am left-handed and do everything backwards. James finds it amusing that when I am looking in a book or online and how to do a certian kitting technique that I have to hold a mirror to all the images. Gets a tad bit confusing at times!

I've been blown away by everyone's pictures of their stash! (For those non-knitty folks out there, April 1st, many knit-bloggers showed pictures of their yarn stash.) I have maybe 6 skeins of yarn that are't dedicated to projects, and all are acrylic yarns from when I first started knitting- my practice skiens, I guess. I can't believe that there are really people with boxes upon boxes and closets stuffed with yarn- it must be sheer heaven! Having that said, if anyone would like to deminish their stash a bit and get this poor mommy some good yarn to knit with, feel free to send anything in your stash that has been sitting there for years, that you hate, that the color just isn't appealing anymore, that you can't think of a project for, that you need to get rid of before buying more yarn, etc. (tee hee!)

On Friday, on of the girls from the ABQ Stitch n' Bitch is having a little crafty get-together, and I think I have secured James as the designated baby-watcher so I can go! I'm pretty excited to meet everyone and have some baby-free hours to knit and be a real grown-up again. Yay!

Alright, I am off to finish this dish rag and see if I an crack into this whole crochet business before nap time is over- wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Life is back to normal."