Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Souvenir Yarn, Part 1

I stopped at the LYS in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, when we were in town for the wedding a few weeks ago. The store was tucked in the back of a bigger building, but it was incredibly charming.

Jackson Hole, Wyoming LYS

The lady that was working there was really friendly, and the little store was packed full of great yarn. Take a look at the website to see what I mean! I had a great time browsing through everything. The first thing that I wanted to see if they had was some local wool, since it was souvenir yarn. I found this great wool:

Wyoming Wool

The wool doesn't really have a name-all that the label says is "Lopi Style, Dark Grey, From sheep grown in Crowheart Wyoming". It's a really great chocolately color, much more than grey. It's actually really soft, even though it had that very "raw" feeling. I think it'll make quite a cozy something!

The other yarn I picked up was this Trekking XXL sock yarn. I couldn't resist these colors:

Trekking XXL

Trekking XXL 2

It reminds me of a vibrant sunset, right after a thunderstorm. Yum!

Stay tuned for part two tomorrow!

Oh, and I'm about to post all the blog entries from my vacation- I'll come update this post with links when I'm done.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Souvenir Yarn, Part 1"