Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm a Hooker!

Yes, it's true. I have picked up a new craft. Hooking. Er, I mean, crocheting. heehee! I'm having a lot of fun with it! I was a bit wary at how well I would be able to pick it up, as every time I have tried I couldn't figure it out. I got the hang of it, though, and like it a lot! I still like knitting better, but I like the different texture of crochet. Here is a picture of my first two projects- the square dishcloth is the one I did yesterday- you can see on the lower edge that I started offa bit looser that I finished it- I started out knittin the same way. The other dishcloth is a star shape -I thought I would go for something al ittle more challenging for my second project- that one isn't quite finished, but just a few more rows!


Crochet Dishcloths


Well, although James is a bit apprehensive about me going to Albuquerque to meet up with a group of strangers, I am going to the craft Night with the ABQ Stitch n' Bitch girls tomorrow- yaay! I'm pretty excited to meet them all ( I have been reading their blogs for a few weeks now) and have a few baby-free hours. Tomorrow is going to be busy- I have to get grocery shopping and laundry done too, and James has his painting class in the afternoon, so no help from him for a few hours.

That's all for now, I have a dishcloth to finish!

Labels:

Comments on "I'm a Hooker!"

 

Blogger Cari said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Ooh, I like the star!