Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Stash Enhancement

I know, I know, I'm on a yarn diet. Even the Hubbster allowed the "new yarn store" exception, though! So there. (I'm really trying to be good here. Honestly.) All of the yarn below was purchased on a first-time visit to some yarn stores all over the state. The first is from the Lavender Lamb in Corrales, just a jump over the river (♪ Her name is Rio, and she dances on the sand...♫):

Classic Shades

This is Universal Yarn Inc., Classic Shades. I love the colors, and am thinking of how to get the most out of the long color repeats.

Next is some Cotton Fleece, from Unravel in Las Cruces, NM:

Cotton Fleece

I know, kind of boring. I wanted some light neutral color in mostly cotton to make a hat like my Topi for the summer. This fits the bill!

Last (but not least):

Lamb's Pride Worsted

This is Lamb's Pride Worsted from Yada Yada Yarn in silver City, NM. Now, my LYS carried Lamb's Pride, but I'd never seen it in variegated colors! Hubbster encouraged me to branch out from my normal color comfort zone (I had the pink in my hand), and I got this lovely golden color. Yum!

Alright, seriously. No more yarn for the stash! My stash box is overflowing, and I have two plastic shopping bags (one of them is a really BIG bag) full of yarn sitting next to it. I seriously have no need to buy more yarn! Maybe I should set some ground rules for myself:

1. Yarn can only be purchased for a gift, or to knit a gift, if nothing in the stash works.
2. Trades and swapping are okay.
3. Roving, although not technically yarn, cannot be purchased until I've spun up at least half of what I have.


Alright. Let's see if I can last the rest of the year without buying yarn. The thought scares me a bit...

Labels:

Comments on "Stash Enhancement"