Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Souvenir Yarn, Part 2

This is my souvenir yarn from my trip to Minnesota/Kansas City. The first yarn store that I went to was Yarn Shop and More in Overland Park, Kansas, which is the city I stayed in. It's just outside of Kansas City. I picked up some Suri Merino, in a great warm neutral color, for a scarf:

Suri Merino

I love the yarn, it's super soft, and I think is going to knit up beautifully.

So, the yarn store. All of the wool and wool blends were arranged by color. This was my first experience in a store set up like that, and I must say, I didn't like it. I tend to shop by brand, or weight, find something perfect for a project, then pick my color- I rarely go in looking for a specific color of something. So, the store being arranged like this made me feel like everything was willy-nilly. I didn't like it at all. Especially having to go back and forth just to see what colors that had in one brand. So, the store was meh, but hey, I got some yarn.

Next was back in Minnesota, where I stopped at the Double Ewe Yarn Shop. This shop was a cute little store, crammed full with goodies. The lady was incredibly friendly, but not pushy at all. The yarn was arranged normally, by brand. I spent a lot of time fondling the Malabrigo selection, and decided to try the chunky, since I haven't yet:

Malabrigo Chunky 2

Malabrigo Chunky 1


I absolutely love the colors in this, and it's just as soft as the worsted Malabrigo. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, though. It really is gorgeous, my pictures do not do it justice!

Well, my sister-in-law is in town, so I guess I should get going...see you tomorrow!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Souvenir Yarn, Part 2"