Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Hate USPS

So, I've been waiting on bated breath for an order from KnitPicks- some of the oh-so-pretty Harmony sock needles. I was very excited to come home yesterday afternoon to find that treasured little slip of paper in my box- there was a package for me in the office! I giddily walked in and asked for it with a smile on my face.

It wasn't there. I pouted. I figured that it accidentally got taken back to the post office, and it would turn up today. when I got home, the postal worker was there, but not the one from yesterday. (Apparently, our regular is on a break.) He was very nice, and called the lady who worked our route yesterday to ask what happened to it. She said that the apartment number wasn't on it, and the apartment office said it wasn't valid, so she took it back to be returned to sender.

I almost cried. I asked if I could go the post office and see if they still had it- he said I could, but it might not be there. I rushed over and asked them very nicely to check- no dice. Or needles, for that matter. I almost cried again. I sadly drove back home, wishing I could spend the evening knitting away on some socks.

I called KnitPicks customer service. Thank goodness that they were wonderful, otherwise I probably would have cried! She was very nice, and said a replacement would ship out tomorrow. So, I guess I'll be waiting a bit longer for my lovely new needles. I suppose while I wait I can ball up some yarn and pick a pattern. I'm still pissed at the apartment office and the USPS, though. (Well, I have to be pissed at someone!)

And that's the way the cookie crumbles. (That may replace "see you tomorrow!" for awhile. What do you think?)

Labels: ,

Comments on "I Hate USPS"