Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Cold and Rainy

It's a cold, rainy afternoon here in Albuquerque, which is rare here. I love the smell of rain in the desert, though. Yum.

today was kind of a crazy day- I had an old friend pop up online, and we talked for a while. He's like a little brother to me, and I love him dearly. he's currently serving in Afghanistan, and has five more years in the service.

It was a bit of an emotional roller coaster to talk to him- great to catch up, and fun to reminisce, but I still found myself crying more than once, just out of joy to talk to him, to hear he's doing well, and also the heart ache for a close friend who's so far from his loved ones. I'll be praying for him and hoping he makes it out okay. It was a very comforting and familiar conversation, though, like we'd been talking every day, instead of having not been in touch for over two years.

Some days I miss friends like this. Now, I hope none of you get me wrong here- I love all my friends dearly! It's just been a really long time since I've had a connection like that with anyone but family, and man, I miss it. I hope you all know the feeling, that type of freind: The one person you can call any time day or night to talk to about anything, the one who is always on your side, but will tell you when you're doing something stupid. The one who'll hang in there no matter what, and shares a special bond with you. Scuzzy (my nickname for him- don't ask) is one of those friends. yes, even after not talking for years.

Signing off before I get all weepy again.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Cold and Rainy"