Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Curried Chicken Salad

This is one of my new favorite recipes, and is really nice and refreshing for the summer. It takes a little time to prepare, and be sure to leave time for it to chill, too. Enjoy!

Curried Chicken Salad

1.5 lbs. chicken breast
4 C. water
2 tbsp. Kosher salt

Add salt to water in a large saucepan and add chicken. Boil until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, cut or tear into bite-size pieces.

While the chicken is boiling, prepare the dressing:

1 1/2 tsp. Madras Curry Powder
1/3 C. chopped flat-leaf parsley (Italian)
1/4 C. di9ced pineapple ( I but chunk canned, and cut each piece into quarters)
1/4 C. non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 C. low-fat mayo
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. grated ginger
3 tbsp. sliced almonds

Whisk yogurt, mayo, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, and parsley. Add the chicken, pineapple, and almonds. toss gently to coat. Serve on bread, open-faced, with watercress or lettuce.

You can also use tortillas and make a wrap, or stuff pita pockets. Yum!

Recipe is from the Food Network website.

Labels:

Comments on "Curried Chicken Salad"