Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Updates

Wow, it's been a long time. Too long. I do miss blogging, hopefully you guys miss me too! Here's what's been going on in my life.

1. Going to college full-time! School is going well, I like my classes and my teachers. I'm currently going to finish the Cosmetology degree that I started like 4 years ago. I should be able to finish up this summer, and that start working on a degree in Architectural Drafting. I'm really busy, but I'm also really happy. I'm really enjoying learning and classes and homework and all that jazz, and it keeps me really busy.

2. Crafting! I'm still squeezing in knitting and crocheting, but definitely not as much as I used to, or would like to. I'm currently working on a crochet project, and of course have a few knits on the needles. I have some crochet obligations to finish, and I'm also going to be participating in Socktoberfest. hopefully I'll finish the pair of socks I have on the needles and start a new pair!

3. Falling behind on Ravelry, reading blogs, and writing in my own blog. I've been so busy! I do still get on Ravelry every day, but it's usually after I've done some homework and been online for class stuff (I'm taking two distance learning classes).

4. Getting ready for the Taos Wool Festival this weekend! I'm SO excited about this. It'll be my first wool festival, and I'm going with (blogless) Margaret from my knitting group. The Ravelry folks are going to be there, too! how cool is that?!

5. Getting ready for some family to come visit. My mom, maternal grandparents, aunt, and great-aunt are coming to visit next week, just in time for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. I love going to Balloon Fiesta, and it'll be a lot of fun to share it with my family.

6. My favorite time of year is coming up! It kick-starts with my birthday (Oct. 14th), and then it's a whirlwind- Halloween, Thanksgiving, Wedding Anniversary, Christmas, Monsterette's Birthday, and finally winding down with New Year's. I love the fall and winter, and the magic of the holiday season.

Well, that's my life in a nutshell. There, of course, is a lot of little things going on here and there, which hopefully I'll get to sharing too! There's also some awesome new goodies (fiber-related and otherwise!) I've got to share, too! I'm setting a goal for myself to get back into blogging- I'm aiming for 3-4 times a week for now. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things! See you soon. Promise.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Updates"