Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Day

On Tuesday, we had a 2 hour delay because of snow here in Albuquerque. it snowed about 1/2 and inch overnight. People in the southwest are so silly! It made me miss Minnesota, though. Most people would think that living in the warm southwest, with out mild winters and general lack of winteryness, that I would not miss the bitter cold and piles of snow that come with living in the midwest. But I DO miss it. Not the cold, so much, but sometimes it makes that cup of hot chocolate or a steamy bowl of chili that much more enjoyable. I miss sledding, and the peace of waking up in the morning to the stillness and quiet of a snow that has been gently tumbling from the sky all night. I love seeing the trees covered in powder, the pristineness of freshly fallen snow, the joy of making a snowman. I've never been able to take my daughter sledding or play in the snow with her until our cheeks were frosty and pink, and then head inside for some chicken noodle soup and a movie on the sofa under a big fleece blanket.

I think that all of the bad things about real winter- the cold, the crappy driving conditions, the shoveling, would all be completely worth it for the joy that I get from real winter. Call me crazy.

I am so close to being done with this term! One little final on Tuesday, and I am done. Then I can freak out about the gift knitting I have not completed, the Christmas shopping, the packing for our big trip, and all the other fun holiday stuff. It is going to be a pretty packed and mildy crazy break, so hopefully I can get a little bit of relaxing done in there, too. I am really excited to take the Monsterette sledding in Minnesota and to take her to the ocean for the first time. So many memories and new experiences and wonders, it should be an excellent vacation, even if it is a little stressful. I just need to remember to find the joy and happiness and relax and smile. Ride the wave, Nichole. Ride the wave.

What are your plans for the holidays? How is the gift knitting coming, if any?

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Snow Day"