Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Knitting and other Good Things

Last night, James so kindly took Joie with him when he went out, leaving me alone in the apartment for almost 4 hours. What insued was some relaxing knitting heaven! No hurrying to finish a row because she's crying, no rocking her with my foot until my leg feels like it's going to fall off, no losing my place in the pattern because I had to stop to pick her up- just 4 hours of loverly, uninterrupted knitting! I made some really good progress on the wrap dress, and am now working the armholes. It's exciting for me, never making clothing before, but also a bit boring, because the pattern is soooo simple. I really expect fireworks, and maybe a marching band when I finish a section and move on. But alas, I am disappointed repeatedly. At this point, I'd settle for a golf clap from James, or a reasuuring coo from Joie. Anyways, here is another fun picture- click on it for the groovy annotated version! Moving on...

My Knitting Mess

Joie and I went to the doctor's office yesterday for a well-baby check-up. first off, I would really like to say that I HATE our clinic. Thank God it was the last time I'll have to go there. The doctors are really great, but the clinic itself sucks. Here's why:

3:25- arrive at clinic. ( appointement is for 3:30)
3:30- get signed in and sent to the waiting room.
4:20- complain that I have been wainting in the waiting room for almost an hour, get told I will be called next.
4:35- finally get into a room after watching 4 other people get called ahead of me. Nurse weighs Joie and checks her heart, breathing and temperature. Tells me Doctor will be right in.
5:15- doctor comes in, looks at Joie, talks with me for about 7 minutes, and we're done.
5:25- get screaming Joie packed into carrier and wait in line to drop off one stupid paper.
5:30- in the car.

Ridiculous, yes? Let me state again- thank God I don't have to go to this clinic ever again. At any rate, Joie is fine ( we were worried about her weight a bit after a concerned family member brought it to our attention that she thinks the baby is too small and not eating enough. She's in the fifth percentile for weight, hardly starving.) So there, insert concerned family member name here! ( I really do love said person, and they were just worried, as it has been an issue in the past with the family- plus, said person is a little nuts. So it's all okay.)

James' boss is treating us and the other people from the shop to Il Vicino for dinner tonight- yummy! I'm more excited because I won't have to cook. Although you will never hear me complain about free pizza, either. Hopefully Joie will behave- I'm going to try and get her well-fed and happy before we have to go, but she is notoriously crabby around this time of night. Also, I'm missing the new episode of Top Model, but I can catch it next Tuesday night. On that note, I'm quite excited to get our digital cable with DVR when we move!

Here's a fun little meme that I picked up from January One- you do a Wikipedia search of your birthday, sans year, and pick three events, three births, and three deaths from that date. (Don't be scurred- you know you want to do it too!)


My Birthday- October 14th


Events

1. 1582- Due to the implimentation of the Gregorian Calendar this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal, and Spain.

2. 1912- While campaigning in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, former president Theodore Roosevelt is shot by saloonkeeper William Schrank. With a fresh flesh wound and the bullet still in him, Roosevelt still delivers his scheduled speech.

3. 1968- The first live telecast from a manned U.S. spacecraft occurs on Apollo 7.


Births

1. 1890- Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. General and 34th President of the United States (d. 1969)

2. 1894- E. E. Cummings, american author (d. 1962)

3. 1939- Ralph Lauren, American fashion designer



Deaths

1. 1977- Bing Crosby, American singer and actor (b. 1903)

2. 1990- Leonard Bernstein, American composer and conductor (b. 1918)

Also, it is World Organ Donation Day! Woohoo!


So that's that! It's kind of interesting to check out, even if you don't post it on your own blog.

And now, because I can, here is a picture of my little girl, sleeping like an angel. (currently she is not sleeping like an angel, she is screaming like a banshee, which means it's time for me to go!)


Sleeping like an Angel

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Knitting and other Good Things"

 

Blogger Cari said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Whoa, the annotated version of that pic is awesome--how did you do that?

 

Blogger Nichole D. said ... (1:26 PM) : 

The annoted picture thing is done with flickr- click on the picture, and in the edit section, there is alittle button at the top to "add notes". It's lots of fun!