Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

M is For...

M is For Magic. No, not mine, or anyone's, really. Actually, it's the title of a book by one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman. (And, uh, I haven't read it yet. Have it on audio book, already to go!) Neil's writing always blows me away. I am captured by every story, drawn to the characters, and engrossed in the book. Some stories are sad, some scary, some whimsical, but they're all great. I'd have to say that my favorite so far is probably Coraline, a story geared to young adults, but is a great read for kids of all ages. The creepiness of it all is really fun, too.

Erin, another big fan, drove us (me rather pregnant at the time) up to Denver for two days, just so we could go to a book signing and reading. It was a lot of fun, and I now have a signed copy of Anansi Boys and The Sandman: Endless Nights. (Speaking of which, Erin, did I lend that to you? I can't find it.) My library of his books is slowly growing, and someday I'm sure I'll be quite proud to own every book he's done. Which, really, is quite a lot of them. for now, I'll just re-read the ones I have, and hopefully pick up some new ones along the way!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "M is For..."