Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, February 03, 2008

WE WON THE SUPERBOWL BI*CHES! Cake Recipe

Yes, the Giants just beat the Patriots to win the Superbowl. I am BEYOND EXCITED! For non-football fans out there, the Patriots have won every single game this season. Every. Single. Game. EXCEPT THE SUPERBOWL, BECAUSE THE GIANTS KICKED YOUR ASS!!! Ohmigawd. I'm so proud of my boys. *sniff*

Alright, before I keep on, I'm going to give you guys the most awesomest (and super easy!) chocolate cake recipe ever, perfect to celebrate with. (Or drown your sorrows. I was prepared, either way.) I actually got this recipe from Dave, so if you like it, go thank him!

Super Easy Chocolate Cake

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and get out a 8x8 or 9x9 pan.

Dry Ingredients

1 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. cocoa ( I like to do about 4, for rich chocolate taste.)

Wet Ingredients

1/3 C. Cooking oil (NOT olive oil, I use regular old vegetable oil.)
1 Tbsp. Vinegar (yep.)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Cold water

Mix dry ingredients in the pan. Make three indents: pour the oil, vinegar, and vanilla into separate holes. Pour the water gently over all. Mix well with a fork; do not beat.

I like to pour in a good half cup of chocolate chips at this point, but that's entirely up to you. It makes it nice and gooey, though!

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Take it out and let it cool until you can no longer stand not to eat it (about 20 minutes, here). you can frost it with icing, melt chocolate chips on top, serve it with some ice cream, or eat it plain. either way, it's delicious!

*********

On a side note, this is also a vegan recipe, if you just make as-is (no chocolate chips or icing).

See you tomorrow- I'm going to go jump around some more!

Labels: ,

Comments on "WE WON THE SUPERBOWL BI*CHES! Cake Recipe"