Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

10 Things I Can Do Instead of Watching TV

Since the writer's strike, I have been watching less TV, but not by much. Here is what I could be doing instead, even though some of these I do while watching TV...

1. Read more books! I don't have nearly as much time to read as I used to. Pre-Monsterette, if I was into a book, I could curl up on the couch all day with it! now I'm lucky to get 15 minutes bofore I fall asleep.

2. Knit, crochet, sew...Yeah, I do these while watching TV, but it is nice to just revel in quiet, or good music, and really focus on what I'm doing.

3. Play games. Hubbster and I love board games, card games, things like that. I know we'd do more of it if we weren't watching TV!

4. Work through that Netflix queue a little faster than 1-2 movies a week.

5. Go out and do stuff. Yesterday I took Monsterette to the mall, and we had a blast! Added bonus: She took a solid three hour nap afterwards. I'd love to do this more, with Hubbster along, too!

6. Video games! This kind of has gone the way of reading books.

7. Get organized. I love to organize things, and there are some things around the apartment that seriously need it. Most nights, though, I opt for vegging out.

8. Maintain pen pals. I used to love to write to my pen pals from all over the place! I miss that. (Want to be my pen pal?)

9. Spend more time on the internet. I know, it's kind of lame, but it's honest.

10. Clean. I know I'm guilty of waiting until the end of a program to do the dishes or fold the laundry. I bet you are, too! Don't lie!

See you all tomorrow!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Ten on Tuesday"