Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, February 18, 2008

It's Takes A Special Kind of Asshole...

...to steal toddler laundry. I'm still hopeful it was accidental and will be returned. Probably not, though, and I'm quite pissed about it. That's fucked up. Really, who does that?! Moving on, before I get too ranty...

Life otherwise is going well. I've gotten some lovely fiber I ordered from Etsy- you can see it here. I haven't had time to take a picture yet, sorry! Spinning has been going well, I spun up the wee sample that Enchanted Knoll Farm sent along. It was some merino- definitely a different experience than what I've been spinning! fun, though. What the hell am I going to do with a few yards of yarn, though? another cell phone cozy, I guess, or a trim on something. We'll see.

I've been resisting the temptation to cast on a new knitting or crochet project. I'd really like to, but I'm not. I have a ton of stuff on the needles- stuff that's been on the needles for too long! I'm trying to get that finished up before I start new things. I know I said this before, too, but I'm going to start blogging once a week about stuff on the needles, for some accountability! I'll try to keep my sidebar updated, too, for you non-raveling folks who care. (Do you care? Should I just take that part out?)

Getting ready for a long overdue Favorite Color Swap, too! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to open it up for sign-ups. Which leads me to a question! I'll make it a poll, because those are fun, but you can leave an opinion in the comments, too. I've been toying with the idea of asking for a $1 optional donation from swap participants. Now, I know this is a bit odd, but I work really hard on my swap! Last time there were over 140 people, and I take into consideration everyone's hobbies and locations to match them, as well as allergies, three different price ranges, and their shipping preferences. I take the time to make little color-coded cards, hand match them, and put all the information into a database. The money would go to extra packages (if they are needed- I've always had plenty of angels) and prizes. Everyone who donates get an extra entry for prize drawings per dollar. What do you think? If you think it's okay, what could I say that makes it seem like I'm not begging for moneys? Thanks in advance, yo!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "It's Takes A Special Kind of Asshole..."