Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jaywalking

Well, hopefully the third time is a charm. This is my third attempt to successfully knit socks. It's not the technique of knitting them that's an issue- it's the sizing. This time, though, I think I'm on track. I swatched for gauge, and my gauge is much tighter than what is recommended for the pattern. However, If I knit the size up from my size, it should work out perfectly! I did put the sock on some waste yarn last night to try it on, and it fits perfectly so far. We'll see how it goes, but I sure am hoping it works well, because I have too much sock yarn to not knit socks with. Here's a progress picture:

Jaywalker in Progress

The yarn is some Austerman Step, which has been really nice to knit with. It's really soft! I love the colors- they remind me of New Mexico, with the desert and the bright blue skies. It's kind of fun to see a new color after the long color repeats, too. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

Labels:

Comments on "Jaywalking"