Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Doin' Stuff

Gah. Still insanely busy. Enjoying it, though! Here's a little bit of what I've been up to, at least today:

Knitting! I do still knit! I started the second jaywalker (one of my goals, ya know!), and that's going along well enough. I definitely haven't been knitting as much as I'd like to. Hopefully after this upcoming SCA event, that'll change a bit- I should have more time to knit.

Speaking of SCA, I have my chemise done, which I'll be wearing under my dress, and then a corded bodice, which will go over that. The corded bodice is kind of like a corset, but not so stuffy and hard to wear. The one I made is functional, but not perfect- If I have time, I might do it over. I also drafted the pattern for the bodice of my dress today- yaay! It took forever, but now I should ahve a decent idea of how to make a bodice. I'll be doing a little test bodice tonight with some leftover muslin, and then on to my dress! Woo!

On that note, I should be doing a formal dress diary post soonish.

Hmmm, what else have I been doing....oh! SANDING! I'm actually getting close to finishing the sanding on the coffee table. Hopefully soon I'll be able prime it and paint it, and we'll be able to use it again. That'll be nice, since the coffee table does double duty as our dining room table. our actual dining room table is my sewing table, and when I'm not sewing, it holds crap. We don't have any chairs for it, though, hence why we don't ever use it for eating at.

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but I've also been running a gaming session for the Hubbster and Erin on Saturday nights. A lot of me little bits of free time go into planning for that. It's been a lot of fun, though, and I ahve a TON of stuff to do before this Saturday! I'm going to try to be nice, since I almost killed them last weekend. MWAHAHAHAHA.

I think I'm going to arse around on the computer for a bit. (That's for you, Katie!)

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Doin' Stuff"