Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Monday, June 23, 2008

Natural Cleansing

Since I made the switch to no 'poo, I've been reading the unsavory facts about some of the chemicals in every day things, like soaps and toothpaste. I've decided to make an effort to use all-natural products instead of the usual, which will hopefully reduce my family's exposure to these chemicals, and be better for the environment. My first major switches (not including shampoo, of course) are going to be toothpaste and soap. I'm not sure what I want to use for soap, and plan on testing a few bars from different places. I currently have an all-natural bar that was a gift that I'll try first. There's some all-natural soap available at my local grocery store, and I'd like to try something from Etsy sellers, as well. (I'm all about supporting a small, home-operated business.) I'll do reviews for the next few months, and let you guys know what I think. Who knows, there may be something AMAZING out there! I'm definitely open to more suggestions, and will be sure to try the ones you all have already suggested, as well.

On that note, are there any natural facial cleansers or soaps you know of that would work well for my face? I've thought about trying the oil-cleansing method, but it seems so time consuming. Would love some alternatives!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Natural Cleansing"