Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Saturday, June 28, 2008

'Poo Free, Day 18

Time for another no 'poo update! (Are you getting sick of them yet??) It feels like it's been longer than 18 days, for sure. Anyways. on with the reporting.

So, I think I have my formula and process down. Currently, I've been washing about once a week, on Fridays. My hair is definitely still transitioning some, but I have noticed it's getting less and less greasy in between washings. I think I'm going to wait until it's adjusted before trying to go a little longer between the washings.

So, here's what I've found works the best for my hair. Just a reminder, my hair is really straight, and fine, but thick. It's long- a few inches past my shoulders.

1. I mix a double batch of baking soda wash, which is 4 teaspoons of baking soda and 2 cups of water. I stir it all up in a plastic cup.

2. Before I get in the shower, I comb my hair with a wide-toothed comb, to loosen any dirt or whatnot.

3. I bring my cup and comb into the shower with me. I pour the baking soda mix onto my DRY hair, starting with the scalp. I use about half the mix on my scalp, and the rest on the ends of my hair. My hair is totally saturated.

4. I let the mix sit for about a minute, and then scrub it around on my scalp. When I feel good and scrubbed, I comb it fairly well, and then rinse.

And that's it! I haven't been doing the vinegar rinse, because my hair hasn't really needed the extra moisture.

today was a bit of a glimmer of hope that this would work well for me- my hair looked and felt really nice after I washed it today. Clean, manageable, soft, and pretty! YAAY! Hopefully it'll continue down this road, and I'll have nice, soft, beautiful hair! Woo!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "'Poo Free, Day 18"