Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

New Goodies and Moving

Okay, I know it has been a few days, but it was a holiday weekend, so there. The fact that we really did nothing for Easter doesn't matter. Actually, Sunday was our only day that we had to to sit back and relax. We spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with James' sister, who was in town from Wyoming, and the rest of his family in the area. I love them all to death, but after 3 days, you really need a break. Although they are crazy and overwhelming at times, it was a lot of fun.

It was kind of weird not doing anything for Easter. My family in Minnesota goes all out. In the morning, we have egg-bake and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and then we search for our Easter baskets and the 100 or so little chocolate foil-wrapped eggs my mom hides everywhere. No, it does not matter that all of us are over the age of 16, and yes, we usually are finding well hidden eggs until Christmas. After that, we head over to my Grandma's house for a big dinner. But before dinner, she gives us our Easter baskets, and then we have more egg hunting. This time, though, they are the bright plastic ones, and they are harder than hell to find. My Grandpa practically buries them. All in all, it is a lot of fun. I really missed that this year. Although I am excited to start our own traditions for Easter next year with our daughter! Joie got some cute new toys from Great-Grandma, and James and I got a gift card for Target- here are pictures of our new goodies!

Joie with her new toy
Joie and her new toy


New shoesies! Originally $23, I got them ( a steal!) for $5.75!

New Shoes

New nail polish- the colors are Polyester Pink and Big Apple Red.

New Nail Polish

And some really cool bookmarks that hold photos! I have pictures of Joie almost ready to put in them- I think I might get some for my mom, too.

New Bookmarks


I've been making really good progress on the Wrap Dress. It is a lot easier than I thought it would be! I'm not so scared to knit myself something now. If only I could afford the yarn... I still have yet to cast on Wheelie again. I'm scared to, I think. Or maybe it's just that I really haven't had any time to. Either way, I think it is going to have to wait until after the move to be picked up again. Speaking of which...

Holy hell! We are moving in 3 DAYS!! I am excited. I really need to finish getting things packed up, though. It is a bit hard to do when I have Joie taking up a lot of my time. I have more time in the evening when James is available to hold her, but I usuallly reserve that time for knitting. If I don't have a little time to myself every day, be it for knitting or painting my toenails or whatever, I go a little nuts. Or a lot nuts. I'm sure those of you out there with kids understand! Everyone can understand the need for some "me" time. I am really excited to move, though. I know it will be absolutely insane, but I love getting settled into a new place, finally unpacking the last box, going shopping for all those little things you need around the house. On that note, I should mention that I probably won't blog again until next week. Things are going tobe really busy here, and then in Albuquerque. Wish me luck! ( Oh, and if you want to help us move in, we won't mind...)

Labels: , ,

Comments on "New Goodies and Moving"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Thanks for the comment on my page. Yours is great. You have a beautiful baby! Come to SNB sometime!

 

Blogger Cari said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Hope all the moving and settling-in is going well!

 

Blogger Mama Grouch said ... (9:52 AM) : 

The hardest part of being married and starting my own family has been getting used to the fact that holidays will never quite be "just like home" again. New traditions are nice, but I would love to be able to walk down the stairs in the glow of the christmas tree lights and see stocking stuffed with toys and candy and presents under the tree....*sigh*. Maybe it will be as much fun making it happen for the Creep as it was living it.

Good luck with the move!