Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hey! Look! "Gullible" is written on your ceiling!

Okay. I just need to vent a bit here for a moment. It really frustrates me when I find people who send emails or write blog posts or what have you that include urban legends. For expample, the "Bill Gates is giving money to everyone who tests this beta program!" or "don't ever call this area code bacause they'll charge you over $2k a minute!" scams. Even worse are people who believe the make money form home crap. I mean, who pays someone else to give them a job? I've had one work from home job, folks, and I didn't pay them. They paid me. The most I had to do was fax them a bunch of paperwork. And no, I won't tell the world what the job was, if you know me well enough to as me in email, I'll probably tell you. Or you might already know. Anyways, I'm getting off track here. It really does not take much work to look up on the internet what is a scam and what isn't. So before you go off freaking out about how your cousin's brother's girlfriend's dad's ex-wife's grandma's husband was charged a gagillion dollars because he talked on the phone with some lady after calling an 809 number, do a quick Google of the situation before you make yourself look like an ass. Thank you.






***note: I still love you all, even the silly gullible ones. So I hope I didn't offend anyone out there. This wasn't targeted at anyone, and the ones who REALLY piss me off are the scammers themselves. Just don't believe everything you hear, folks.***

Labels:

Comments on "Hey! Look! "Gullible" is written on your ceiling!"

 

Blogger sara said ... (7:44 PM) : 

truthorfiction.com is your friend.

 

Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said ... (3:09 PM) : 

It's amazing who still falls for that stuff too. I've never used truthorfiction.com I'll have to check that one out! I usually use snopes.com

 

Blogger Yeah So said ... (6:54 PM) : 

I just had this conversation with my cousin who sent me a say-a-prayer-10-times-and-send-it-to-10-people-and-you-get-what-you-prayed-for email. She said "I know it's probably not true, but I wanted to see what would happen". *smacks forehead* How are you related to me??

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I second that! Good golly people are annoying sometimes...

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:42 AM) : 

P.S. Did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?