Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm Excited!

Yes I am. I'm excited to be geting a new car in two days. It will be really nice to finally have a nice car that we own and all that jazz. It has really sucked trying to deal with life without a car. And although the rental is swanky, it'll be nice to have something that we own. This'll be the first newer car that James and I have owned. I'll be ahppy to put all of this behind us, too. Life was really screwed up having the car stolen. I hope it never happens again, and I hope it never happens to any of you. It really does fuck things up. At least things worked out well and we will be able to put this whole mess behind us and come out of it with a better car than the crappy 1991 Toyota Camry.

I'm REALLY excited about the swap I started! I already have 7 people who have signed up today. I'm hoping to get around 50. It is hard work, though- I have to keep the blog updated, and today I made a spreadsheet to keep track of everyone and made the questionnaires that will be sent to people once the matches are made. Then, of course, will be the challenge of matching everyone up with a good partner and sending everyone emails with the info they need. After that, though, the going gets pretty easy- I just have to track who has sent and recieved packages, and then dole out any prizes. I really like swaps, and I know a lot of other people do too, so hopefully this will be a success. Go check it out- I think it will be a lot of fun! I mean, who doesn't like to get goodies in the mail?

Labels: , ,

Comments on "I'm Excited!"

 

Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said ... (12:42 PM) : 

That's a neat swap! I really recommend you limit your signups to 50 people. It can get to be tough business doing this by hand for more people than that.

Have you posted this at craftster.org yet?

And congrats about the car!

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:42 AM) : 

How was the mystery trip?