Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Alright, folks. it has been a few days, and there is abundant amounts of news. Let's get this party started....

THE GOOD

I'm happily making progress on my Fuzzy feet- the first of the two is almost completed! I'm surprised at how quickly these are knitting up. I'm excited to finish them and wear them around, even if it is over 90 degrees outside. I really love the yarn and hope that it looks as beautiful once it is felted. I think I might make a few pairs of these for Christmas gifts.

I finished reading The Wee Free Men and then started A Hat Full of Sky . I finished that one too. I really loved them both, they were so wonderfully written and I laughed a lot. They were quick to read and I could barely put them down. It makes me want to read more Terry Pratchett! I just started reading Ender's Game yesterday, and I'm almost halfway through that one too. I'm surprised at how quickly I have been devouring books lately! I really need to get myself to the library-my stash of unread books is quickly dwindling.

THE BAD

Joie has been a bit of a terror lately. She's dealing with the new tooth coming in, then her shots, and the last two days she has been feverish and just crabby. I understand- it is never fun being sick, and I'm sure it's even more crappy when you can't communicate your needs or help yourself. I just try to cuddle her lots and give her extra love and kisses and keep her comfy. Hopefully she is better soon.

THE UGLY.

*I'm warning you now that there may be some anger and profanity here. Please excuse me. I think most of you will understand where it comes from in a minute.*

So, Friday night, James and I went grocery shopping, came home around 8:30, and settled in for the evening. Saturday is a lazy day for us, so it wasn't until around 2 in the afternoon that James was going to go get some gas for our weekly excursion to Santa Fe Saturday evenings. He walks out the door, and a few minutes later, returns.

"Um, the car is gone."

"What do you mean the car is gone?!"

"It's just not there."

I'm calm, or feigning it well at this point. My brain says, oh, the apartment people must have towed it accidentally. So I calmly call the office, ask if they towed any cars last evening or this morning. They said no, and that they give a good warning if they do. Yes, my friends, my crappy little 1990 Toyota Camry was stolen. At this point I break down and cry while I call 911 to get an officer here to file a report. I keep crying a while. And then cry some more. And then I'm pissed. I mean, what kind of asshole takes someone's car? ESPECIALLY one that obviously belongs to a family?!? Did the carseat and baby shades not make it obvious?! I mean what kind of gigantic fucker does this to people? Okay. So it's gone. Well, it's Saturday. James has to go to work on Monday. James commutes 50 miles to work. How the hell is he getting there? What was that, honey? you can take the commuter bus and spend the week there? Okay, I guess we have to do what we have to do, even when it really sucks ass. Wait, what? your brand new $170 dollar work boots are in the car? Shit. Oh well, we'll figure it out. Well, what about the Fourth of July? It's Joie's first! We were going to go to see the fireworks and all that jazz. But noo, some fucking prick stole our car. Now I din't even get to see my husband today, much less fireworks. I can't take Joie anywhere unless I'm walking, because the carseat base is in the car. I'm out of fucking toilet paper. SOME DICKWAD STOLE MY CAR. I'm so pissed, you guys. Pissed and hurt and violated. This so fucks up our life at the moment. I really really hope they catch this asshole and he goes to jail. Or he crashes MY car and dies in it. FUCKER. So now I'm just sitting at home with my sick baby, knowing I don't get to see my husband until Thursday or Friday. Life sure is GRAND.

Have a Happy Fourth, everyone. At least I hope it is better than mine.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

 

Blogger strangelittlemama said ... (10:48 PM) : 

ohhhh, that SUCKS!!!! I'm so sorry. I'd be happy tp give you a ride if you need to get anywhere-- which part of town are you in?

 

Blogger Cari said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Oh my god, that's awful! How can people be such assholes? Hopefully someone just took it joyriding and it'll turn up.

 

Blogger Autumn said ... (8:51 AM) : 

Wayne and I are very sorry about what happend. We know it must be very difficult to be home during the week with a baby, without transportation and without James.

What I do know is that you and James have great faith, and that's what will pull you through these times.

We are hoping that this thoughtless act of violation will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

We wish your family all the best and we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Autumn

 

Blogger Mama Grouch said ... (11:08 AM) : 

oh damn, that sucks. Someone stole our POS honda civic 5 days before I went into labor. It is an awful feeling to suddenly have such a large and necessary possesion just GONE. They found ours stripped within hours of us finding it missing, so no suspense here, and we had to PAY almost $200 to get it junked. And of course we only had liability on it so no money for us! The sad part is that we live in a pretty marginal neighborhood so it was obvious that the owners (us) didn't have a lot of extra cash.

Stupid car thieves. Dickwads to the lot of them.