Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Blog Makeover

TADA!!


Well, folks, here is the new and improved blog! I hope everyone likes it. If you don't, well, you can suck it, because I've put a good 15 hours of work into this. I have to thank a few cool people for the background and the font- you can check them out in the box at the bottom of the right side. I really like what I ahve going on here, and I think it will stay this way for a while. Let me know what you think, and if you ahve any issues with links or anytihng like that. Okay? Okay.

In other news, our regualrly scheduled gaming session was a bit different tonight- we finished up our last game and are kind of in limbo at the moment. Tonight was one of those fun board game nights. I am quite proud to say that I am the reigning Scrabble Master! I won by a mere 3 points, and contribute my success to the words hex, pyre, yu, and lah. I couldn't have done it without you! Wish you could've been there, Erin, to bask in my glory! *wink*

Friday James and I decided to try somewhere new for lunch, so we went to Saggio's. Let me tell you, if you live in Albuquerque, you NEED TO GO. It is that simple. The food is amazing Italian cuisine- from gourmet pizza to giant calzones to custom-made lasagna. They sell pizza by the (gigantic) slice as weel, and had some sinful looking desserts (which we were to stuffed to try-next time!). Not quite sit-down, but not quite fast food either. If you've been to The Frontier Restaurant, it is exactly like that. Actually, it is directly across the street. Check it out! YUM!

Current knitting is making slow progress, but I seem to need a little breather after I finish something, even if it is a measly little bag. I'm planning to pick up the needles again here this week, though. I'm really just enjoying my weekend hanging out with my man. I've also been still mildly busy with the Favorite Color Swap, trying to sort out people who haven't heard from their pals yet, et cetera. I'm glad the insanity of making matches and sending a gazillion emails is over, though, and I have some treats in store for my pal that I think she will love! Now just to get started on them.

signing off now- I really should get to bed!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Blog Makeover"

 

Blogger Yeah So said ... (7:32 AM) : 

LOVE IT!!

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:34 AM) : 

Love the layout! It makes me wanne redo my blog, but alas I don't know how.

Congrats, Scrabble Queen! I wish I could have been there to bask too. Believe me I'd much rather have been there with you guys...