Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Saving Hope at Saving Nine

Okay, dear readers, this is a serious one. Every Sunday, I go to check out the new post over at Post Secret. Sometimes they're a little depressing, but I think that it is an important project, and I love that it is an outlet for those people who have secrets they can't share with anyone around them, but need to share them anyway. I'm sure almost all of us have one of those secrets. Post Secret is a big advocate for the hopeline, because it has helped many of the people who come to the site or send in their secrets. I think that this suicide help line is a wonderful thing, and that it really is an important thing to have around for those people desperately reaching out for help when they are at the end of their rope. The government has been trying to take away the confidentiality of callers, and has also withdrawn already promised funds from the help line. I urge everyone to click the button below and just read what they have to say and sign the petition. It may not effect you now, but you never know when it could be the one thing that saves the life of a loved one or friend.

Help Save 1.800.SUICIDE

Labels:

Comments on "Saving Hope at Saving Nine"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (12:39 PM) : 

The link appears to be broken. I'm trying...urg...nope.

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (1:15 PM) : 

It worked today. I'm on board and so is everyone on my e-mail list.