Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Slacker

Gah, I know! I've been slacking in the blog-writing department. I'll try to do more, I promise! Things here have been going okay. We got a pretty hefty chunk o' cash from our good friends down at the IRS, so we've done some good eating out at the Outback Steakhouse and a little bit of shopping. There is much more shopping in my future. Although I think I would like to hold on to most of my alotted cashola and buy yummy yarn as I need it. It would be nice to knit whatever I want for the next 8 months or so, and have delish yarns to do it with. I've also been eyeballing knitpicks new needle set, but I'm going to hold out on that for a little while. Oh, the possibilities!

The other day I nearly threw my sewing machine off the balcony. I had an awesome pattern all worked out and cut and ready to be turned into an awesome DPN/ circular needle case for my secret pal. All was well until I got to the final side of the bias tape edging, and my machine freaked out, then I freaked out and, well, long story short, I now have a wonky needle case and my pal will be getting a pretty (but one with no bias tape edging! NO I TELL YOU!) more simple DPN case. Oh well. Thank goodness I bought way too much fabric, eh? Speaking of Secret Pals, I really need to do some more goodie shopping for this chica!

Well, after seeing more recent pictures of myself and being slightly disgusted by how fat I have gotten since I got preggers, I've decided to do the South Beach Diet starting on Friday. I've found some yummy recipes and some yummy sounding desserts, so hopefully I'll be able to do it. I'm really sick of being fat, y'all. So bring on the skinny me! I'll keep you guys updated on my progress, if I happen to make any.

Hmmm, other news....Wheelie is coming along nicely, I'm a little over halfway done with it now. I'm planning to cast on for this shrug in black soon, too, and hopefully will have that finished by the end of the month, altough it won't really be a wearable object for a few more months. I might switch from the clapotis in my sari silk to this scarf instead. I'll see how the yarn actually knits up before I decide to go balls to wall with the clapotis. Good idea, no?

What else, what else...OH! Being the sweet wonderful man that he is, James came home with a lovely pot of daisies and a single pink rose for me last night. I haven't gotten flowers in a long while, and I do so love them! They're super pretty, and if he didn't have the camera right now, I would take pictures and show you! Instead, I will leave you all with some new Joie pictures to enjoy. Buh-bye!

I <3 Kix!

Pondering Life

Joie in her highchair

Joie's New Outfit

joie and her Daddy

Joie covered in Zweibak chunks

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Slacker"

 

Blogger Mama Grouch said ... (7:02 AM) : 

Oh, I keep promising more posts too but I am finding that blogging during the summer is very very very hard...as much as I love everyone there is so much to do out-of-doors right now!

And hey, if I had money to spend on yarn I wouldn't be at my keyboard either.

Here is to more knitting, less typing! (not that we still don't want regular updates - so maybe I mean "Here is to more knitting and more typing!")

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

Nice pic's!