Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Holiday Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Definitely Eggnog. We don't really do much hot chocolate, but there is hot apple cider.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Santa wraps presents, and puts them under the tree very late at night. Funny, though, his handwriting has always been strikingly like my mom's.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

My mom does colored lights, but not excessively. When I have a house to put lights on, I'll do white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up?

Usually around the first week in December. I don't have the mini tree up yet, because I've been so busy with all the Christmas knitting.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

My grandma makes this awesome potato casserole that is diced potatoes with cheese and sour cream and oh, it is just too good.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

I always loved decorating the tree- my family has such an eclectic assortment of ornaments, wel ove to pull them out and laugh and reminesce.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

Honestly, I don't remember!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

We've always done Christmas Eve with my dad's side of thre family- dinner, presents, the whole shebang.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Like I said, my mom's is very eclectic. My very first tree was done with white lights, silver garland, and different sized balls in silvers and whites, with a star on top. Oh, and of course, candy canes! Now, though, we have some different ornaments, which I am fine with.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

I love it! Christmas isn't the same without snow.

12. Can you ice skate?

Are you kidding? I'm from Minnesota. Of course I can ice skate!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Joie was born right after Christmas- does that count?

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Everything! This is truly my favorite time of year. I love the spirit, the joy of gift giving, the family, the food.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

My Grandma makes this awesome rice pudding and we put fresh strawberry sauce on top. Yum!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Since we were really little, my brother and sister and I have gotten up around 4:30 on Christmas morning, just to look at the tree. We sit quietly in the dark, and just admire it all lit up with the presents stacked underneath it.

17. What tops your tree?

Mine has a twinkly star, but my mom's has an angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

I really love it when someone opens a gift from me and they love it. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Carol of the Bells. I like it because it's kind of creepy.

20. Candy canes?

Yum! I like all of the flavored ones, too.




Labels: , ,

Comments on "Holiday Meme"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:18 AM) : 

Yum, candy canes! I liked this meme, very sentimental.