Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The End...Or Is It?

Well, here I am, making my final post on the last day of NaBloPoMo. I really enjoyed posting every day. I was actually surprised that I found stuff to blog about, whether it be things that my lovely readers suggested, memes, or my own random mumblings. You guys didn't have to see what I ate for dinner once! Aren't you proud of me? This has been such a great challenge for me.

I started blogging mostly to share news with my friends and talk about being pregnant. Blogging for me has evolved so much further than that! Yes, I still like to give you all the news and talk about Joie, but I somehow have wedged my way into this huge online blogging/knitting community, and am making new friends all the time. I learned a butt load of css and html along the way. I've begun archiving my knitting here.( Who knew I would ever have enough to archive?!) I can't believe that one day I just happened to stumble upon all that is knitting and the Internet. I'm glad to be here, though! It is so much fun to make connections to people you never would have known otherwise. Bloglines is now a major part of my morning routine, and I really do enjoy reading every one of the 50 or so blogs that I am subscribed to. I hope you all have been enjoying mine as well!

Well, I have some news, but before I break that out, I thought I would share with everyone my most recent Google hits. I check these every other week or so, and I always think it's funny what comes up.

~I'm not an addict baby
~Malabrigo Scarf
~how to interchange pumkin and pumkin pie mix (I really need to fix the spelling on that post.)
~Malabrigo Velvet Grapes
~One Skein Malabrigo Scarf
~blogspot pie crust
~Control-a-Woman Remote
~"short row ribbed"
~knitting dice bags for dnd

I always have at least one hit from the dice bag. I really should put my patterns into pdf and put them on the sidebar, huh? Sometimes I get really weird stuff, too. The control-a-woman remote is a bit out there. The only reason I got a hit for that one was because in my blogroll "a ball of yarn and a remote control" comes right before "a woman obsessed". Funny! I've been getting a lot of Malabrigo hits as well, which is cool, and all the more reason to put my scarf pattern up on the sidebar so it's easy to find.

Well, before this gets any longer, I have some news. For those of you who enjoy my blog, it'll be great. For those of you who are tired of reading me every day and wish I would shut up, you may be disappointed. I've joined another post-every-day-this-month thing! This one is Holidailies. I debated wither or not I wanted to, but I really liked posting every day, even though some days were crazy. I think I can do it for another month! It'll be a little weird with holiday travel and such, but I'm pretty sure I can do it. This one doesn't seem as hip or fun as NaBloPoMo, but good motivation, at least. They're not accepting wee little blurbs, either- each post mast have at least 50 words or one photo to count. They're still taking sign ups, so go check it out!

SEE YOU TOMORROW!

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "The End...Or Is It?"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (9:54 PM) : 

Oooh! You temptress, you!

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Aaaack! I couldn't resist! I signed up too. I love it. I love obligations that make me do something I like!