Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Uuuuh....

I'm really at a loss as to what to blog about. Usually I can goof around on the Internet or something until I think of something good, but no go tonight. So, I'm just going to babble for a few minutes and you'll just have to deal with it, mmkay?

I just cranked out another dishcloth- I'm getting a little sick of them, to tell the truth, and I think tomorrow or maybe even tonight I'm going to start one of my few remaining Christmas knitting projects. I'm sure all of you are sick of hearing about my Christmas knitting, as am I. There are quite a few things that I would like to knit for myself, and I'm really looking forward to our Christmas vacation where I'll have some airport and flying and down time to knit for ME. Although, I really do love knitting anything, even if it is dishcloths for my grandma. It is fun to knit for people, especially when I know it is something they will like and I can proudly say I made it myself.

I'm really amazed at how far I have come in the last year with knitting. A year ago, I had finished just the one acrylic baby blanket. I now have so many different projects under my belt, and have learned so much! I braved the dpns, and now am really comfortable with them. Socks are soon to come! I've been wanting to knit up the awesome yarn that Knitpastis dyed for me in the Dye-O-Rama swap. This next year I would really like to try some Fair Isle color work and cables. I'm going to attempt the awesome fingerless glove pattern Fetching for my mom for Christmas- if they turn out a bit wonky, I'll just keep them! Although, they are pretty basic cables, and I should be able to do it. I have faith!

I would also like to dye some more yarn. I am so inspired by the colors of everything around me, from the gorgeous New Mexico sky to the bright colors in a bag of Skittles, and I would love to translate those into yarns I can knit for myself and friends and family, and maybe even someday sell. I have so many ideas swimming around in my head, I just need to get organized and start doing things! I would love to be able to make a decent amount of money dying yarn and sewing awesome needle cases and with other crafty goodness. I actually have a knitter Christmas project in the works, Maybe in the next few days I'll be able to show you and have some for purchase. Are you excited?

Well, for random babbles, I think that was pretty good. Thanks for sticking it out to the end!

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Uuuuh...."

 

Blogger Snoskred said ... (4:23 AM) : 

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) Nice babble ;) it was actually very readable..