Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Why Didn't You Tell Me?!

So, I started a new Super Secret Spy Gift. The chances of the person I'm making it for stumbling across my blog are slim-ish, but still, there's a chance, so Super Secret it is. The new project has cables. My very first cabled project ever. I was a little scared at first, but damn. Cables are easy. I can't believe nobody told me how easy they are. Had someone told me this when I started knitting, I wouldn't have been so scared of them. So, for all of you new-ish or future knitters who haven't tried cables, they're easy! All you're doing is rearranging the order of a few stitches using an extra needel. for example, C4B, a knitting notation I was terrified of for a long time, only means that with a series of 4 stitches, you put the last two in front of the front two. See? Easy! And you never would have known with all those scary letter and number combinations. And those freaky looking needles? Don't even get me started. So, before I start really rambling, I'm just going to say that I'm looking forward to doing more cables, and I'm really loving this project. yaay for non-boring knitting!

I would like to say thanks to everyone who left comments on my last post- the warm wishes and congratulations made me smile!

Labels:

Comments on "Why Didn't You Tell Me?!"

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (6:36 AM) : 

Comgratulations on getting married!

Cables are great, so much more bang for your buck. Cabling without a needle is so much more fun!

 

Blogger KnitPastis said ... (1:29 AM) : 

Cabling is so enjoyable. Not too much of course, just enough to add that extra ...oh, I gotta pay attention to this fun part". LOL