Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Seven Things

So, since almost everyone in the blogosphere has done this, I figured it was my turn. Here's the rules:

1. Link the one who tagged you
2. Tell 7 truths about yourself, something funny/different
3. Tag 7 people at the end of the blog
4. Leave a message in their blog telling them that they have been tagged

I wasn't officially tagged, but the last blog I read with it was this one. So, here goes...

1. I'm left-handed. I'm the only person in my family besides a distant not-really-related (long story) step-brother who is. since I taught myself how to knit, I knit "left-handed". Basically, I knit a complete mirror image of the way a right-handed english knitter knits. It freaks out most of my knitting group.

2. I have very little self-control when it comes to goodies. I have a serious sweet tooth, and tend to over-indulge. I'm also the kind of person who "sneaks" treats.

3. I'm slightly obsessive-compulsive. Certain things have to be certain ways. When I go into bookstores, I make the stacks of books look pretty while I browse. I have a slight obsession with making things symmetrical. I alphabetize. I gt crazy if the icons on the desktop take up more than two rows. I like things to be lined up neatly.

4. On the completely opposite hand, I'm a messy person. I hate cleaning, and we live in borderline squalor most of the time. Thank god we don't get random guests.

5. I am completely obsessed with notecards. I love them. I don't know why, but almost every time I go to Michael's, they have them in the dollar bins- I almost always get at least a pack. I have tons of them. Seriously. I have to hide my new ones from the Hubbster because I'm ashamed. I do, however, use them, just not enough to truly justify the amount I have.

6. I'm a beauty school dropout. I do plan to go back, I'm so close to being able to get a cosmetology license. I don't think that it is what I want to do with my life anymore, though. I just can't justify that incredibly huge loan I'm paying off without having something to show for it.

7. I absolutely hated the color pink, until I was preggers with my daughter. Now it's one of my favorite colors- I wear it, I knit with it, I buy things because they are pink. Weird, huh?

Alright. I'm not going to tag anyone, because I hate doing that. If you want to do it, feel free.


In other news, The Clap is almost completely finished! The knitting is done, all eight million ends are woven in- now I just need to find time to block it. I'm so in love! Pictures soon, I promise!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Seven Things"