Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Obsession

I know I've stated in the past that I'm addicted to notecards. Well, friends, that is too true. I can hardly resist. I have to look at them everywhere I can find them. Most times, I'll buy them. I currently have more than I think I could send before I turn 40. Does that stop me from buying more? Sure doesn't. James claims that I once told him to not let me buy anymore. Clearly, I was not in my right mind, so said statement is dismissed by reason of temporary insanity. I buy a lot of them from the dollar bins at Michael's. That is by far my favorite place to get them, because it's so cheap. The dollar stores occasionally have some good ones. I really covet the great ones you see in bookstores and at Target, but since those are quite a bit pricier, I tend to hold off on those. I love it when I have an excuse to send a card for any reason. Sometimes I even make them up. To document to craziness, here's a picture of most of my notecards.

Notecard Collection



Here are my favorites out of the bunch:

My Favorites

These are some of the new additions for the upcoming holidays. (I also have some snowmen and another sparkly one.)

Christmas Additions

You are all free to send me notecards at any time, I will gladly divulge my address. So, there it is. Actual documentation of my obsession. The really sick part is I took almost 50 pictures to lovingly capture these three shots of my collection. Plus I took the time to edit them in Photoshop. I know, I'm sick. I'm going to see if I can find some notecards on eBay.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "My Obsession"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Well, it beats heroin!

I think note cards a pretty neat too. Remember the set I bought just to write one to Neil Gaiman at the Tattered Cover. Ah...those were the days...um...that was the day.

Okay I'm done.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I love notecards...not that I use them very often...and I love to send little notes to people just to say "hi" -

Alright girl - e-mail me that address....:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

I, too, have notecard obsession. Though, I always look at the ones in at B&N and think "heck, I could make that... which would make it even cooler!" And then never do.

I miss the days of sending snail mail. We never have an excuse for it anymore except thank you notes, whcih no one expects, and Christmas card.

So this year? I'm doing the horrid thought of Christmas letters just so I can write long-hand a little more.

But they are so NOT gonna be a family newletter! Totally done by long-hand and an actual letter written to each person.

How insane am I?