Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry



Thursday, September 06, 2007

I've Caught the Clap!

Yep. It's true. The Clap spread through knitbloglandia pretty darn quick, and now I've got the bug. I cast on for mine on Tuesday night at Stitch n' Bitch. Right now, I am one repeat away from finishing the increase section, and I loooove it so far. The yarn (KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, Tidepool Heather) is warm and cozy and soft. Plus, the colors! Oh, I can hardly stand how much I love the colors. It is exactly what I wanted- not quite solid, but nothing too variegated. Look how pretty it's knitting up:

Clapotis Close-up

I know a few people hated the long stretches of stockinette, but I think there is enough variation in there to keep it interesting. Plus, I am so friggin' excited to have this thing knit up and wearable, I don't really give a shit how boring the knitting is. I want it. I want it to be mine. I want to wrap myself in it and laugh maniacally and maybe even cry a little. Time to go knit more...

P.S. To my other projects on the needles- sorry guys. At least you have each other to keep you company.


Comments on "I've Caught the Clap!"