Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Thursday, September 06, 2007

I've Caught the Clap!

Yep. It's true. The Clap spread through knitbloglandia pretty darn quick, and now I've got the bug. I cast on for mine on Tuesday night at Stitch n' Bitch. Right now, I am one repeat away from finishing the increase section, and I loooove it so far. The yarn (KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, Tidepool Heather) is warm and cozy and soft. Plus, the colors! Oh, I can hardly stand how much I love the colors. It is exactly what I wanted- not quite solid, but nothing too variegated. Look how pretty it's knitting up:

Clapotis Close-up

I know a few people hated the long stretches of stockinette, but I think there is enough variation in there to keep it interesting. Plus, I am so friggin' excited to have this thing knit up and wearable, I don't really give a shit how boring the knitting is. I want it. I want it to be mine. I want to wrap myself in it and laugh maniacally and maybe even cry a little. Time to go knit more...

P.S. To my other projects on the needles- sorry guys. At least you have each other to keep you company.

Labels:

Comments on "I've Caught the Clap!"