Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Braided Cables

There seems to be a bit of knitting startitis here, and I don't really see it letting up. My only rule for starting new projects was I had to start sock number two (I cast on and knit the first row. Hey, it still counts!) and that I couldn't start a project of the same kind as one that was on the needles. So, I started some fingerless gloves. Cute, eh?

Braided Cable Gauntlet 1


I have one almost completely finished, all but the thumb and the yucky finishing bits like weaving in ends and washing. I'm using the Debbie Bliss Merino Aran that my wonderful Hubbster got me for Mother's Day. The yarn is nice and squooshy and soft. I know I'll love these this winter! Maybe not as much as my fetching gloves, but still. Some things you just can't wear pink gloves with. Stay tuned- I think I'm going to (finally, I know!) start my clapotis. Yes, I know I have a scarf still on the needles. Really, though, the Clapotis is more of a stole. So there.

Labels:

Comments on "Braided Cables"

 

Blogger chemgrrl said ... (6:40 AM) : 

Ooo, that looks lovely. Love the cable--very nice.